Accountable to: CFO
Salary Range : Subject to experience
The Management Accountant who reports into the CFO is responsible for the daily management of the Group accounts including data input and processing, MI reporting, budgets and forecasts, cashflow management, balance sheet reconciliations, accounts payable, VAT and payroll. The candidate will have experience in working in a small team where there is a need to understand and perform all aspects of finance.
This role requires the candidate to be able to work independently using their initiative to ensure the Group accounts are managed and presented in an accurate and timely manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the CFO to manage and maintain the chart of accounts for Tintra PLC and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure that all data entry is timely and accurate.
- Review local accounting processes and procedures and make recommendations to the CFO to improve
- Ensure all financials are prepared based on the IFRS and relative compliance with UK statutory requirements.
- Assistance with report writing
- Support the CFO in the development and implementation of annual budgets for Tintra PLC group
- Complete periodic VAT and tax returns
- Liaise with HMRC and other departments as required.
- Review and recommend improvement to policies, procedures, and processes with respect to budgeting, risk mitigation and reconciliation between actual and forecasts for both income and expenses throughout the business
- Provides financial, commercial, and initiative-taking engagement of all other functions within the support services department with clear advice, recommendations, and proactive support to implement as required
- Perform suitable variance analysis of monthly and periodic financial reports and management information against approved budgets/ forecasts and advise the management on the current scenario and recommend corrective actions to achieve targets
- Develop and apply the policy for Fixed Asset Management that encompasses assets identification and tracking, periodic depreciation, revaluation, asset purchase and asset disposal.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet items across the Tintra group
- Manage the preparation of projected cash flow forecasts including the projected bank’s facility requirements and timings
- Ensure timely payment of all suppliers to the business.
- Support for the selection and implementation process associated with the accounting software, HR solutions, and or a broader ERP solution
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements and internal reports, and coordinates budget control activities.
- Liaise with the Group’s professional advisors including, but not limited to, the auditors during the annual audit process
- Day to day calls on Teams and other video conferencing tools with team members and other offices
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the CFO/CEO.
- Educated to Degree level
- Fully or part ACCA/CIMA or ACA qualified
- Previous work experience will be with a UK based business
- Based in the UK
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a similar role in a similar finance setting
- Extensive experience in the completion of Corporation Tax and VAT returns
- Competent at the creation and maintenance of Profit & Loss Management Accounts
- Good working knowledge and past experience of using Sage Accounting packages
- Excellent excel knowledge and ability with at least intermediate to high skill level
- Can work on your own initiative
- Have strong written skills
- Have an eye for detail
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Work accurately at a fast pace against tight deadlines
- Work closely as a team member